Booking an Appointment
The Appointment System
We offer a flexible appointment system to try to provide for the varying needs of our patients. Our reception staff may ask you questions in order to book the most appropriate appointment for you. Most of our appointments are for advanced booking. There are a limited number kept available for “on the day”.
You can book an appointment;
- By phone: 01372726361 option 2
- In person at reception
- Online: You need to register to use this service.
The practice will give you instructions on how to do this and provide you with a Practice ID and Patient ID which are needed for registration. This service is for pre-booked appointments only. See our On line Services leaflet for more details or ask at reception.
To make an appointment with a doctor
- You can book an appointment with your registered doctor up to 6 weeks in advance (subject to the availability of the doctor.) The surgery also offers appointments on Monday evening which can be booked in advance only.
- You can request an appointment on the day of your call. These appointments are intended for patients who need to be seen that day and cannot wait for an advanced booking. Please telephone for these appointments in the morning before 10.30 am. We cannot guarantee your choice of doctor but will try to offer your registered doctor where possible. See our Booking an Appointment leaflet for more information.
- Please note, doctors aren’t dentists. For guidance about dental problems, please see our Dental Leaflet to direct you to a suitable care provider.
We offer a limited number of emergency appointments in the morning and evening. These are for genuine emergencies that have happened during that day and cannot wait. You will be asked for a contact number and the reason for requesting an emergency appointment. These appointments are for ONE problem only. We ask that you respect and comply with this.
All nursing appointments can be booked up to 3 months in advance.
Nurse appointments can be made for:
- Asthma/COPD checks
- Baby and children’s injections and immunisations
- Blood pressure check
- Cervical screening
- Coronary Heart Disease check
- Coil clinic
- Diabetic Check
- ECG (if requested by GP)
- Ear syringe
- Family Planning
- Injections- Zoladex, B12 etc
- Stitch and suture removal
- Stroke Prevention
- Travel advice and Injections
- Anticoagulation (warfarin) Monitoring
- Cryotherapy (freezing of lesions)
For more details about the nursing services see the information leaflet : Practice Nurse